So, I know we always talk about SAFETY – boring but most important component of any motor carrier authority. But let’s talk about SAVINGS – yessss, that’s exciting! Essentially, let’s talk about FUEL SAVINGS.
Managing a fuel budget is necessary to grow your business, and here come diesel fuel cards for truckers that can help business owners save money and enjoy multiple additional benefits.
So HOW can you SAVE with FUEL CARDS?
Essentially, how can you save $7,000.00 a year or more???
It’s easy, and let me break it down for you.
Let’s say, your truck makes about 2,500 miles a week, which is 10,000 miles per month, or 120,000 miles per year.
You know that your truck MPG (how many miles it runs on a gallon) is approximately 6.5 MPG. Please note that every truck is different, and fuel efficiency depends on such factors as idling, load weight, weather, and terrain conditions. I have seen 4 MPGs and I have seen 11 MPGs. But let’s say your truck averages 6.5 miles per gallon.
To run 120,000 miles, you will need to purchase 18,461 gallons every year.
Now, let me give you a full DISCLOSURE – here comes my little infomercial on Fuel Cards 😁
This being said, let me admit – there are a lot of great fuel cards out there. Over the course of my 20+ years in trucking industry, I chose my personal selection of a few fuel card companies that I will recommend. I know them from experience – both my own and my customers’ as well. I personally met people representing those companies. And finally, I constantly research the market and attend industry events so that I can provide only high-quality information to my audience.
That’s why I absolutely love TCS Fuel Card Savings Program. They provide great savings, great customer service, and their Mobile APP, Fuel Finder, and Customer Management Website make it so appealing to choose their fuel cards. And to me personally, their IFTA reporting makes my quarterly IFTA calculations easy breezy.
So, with TCS Fuel Card, you save approximately $0.42 cents on a gallon.
Coming back to our example: for a truck’s average annual mileage of 120,000 miles, it comes down to $7,753.00 a year! Savings for 1 truck!
Now imagine you have a fleet of 10 trucks! It’s $77,538.00 per year!
Imagine what you can do with this money!
Invest back in business
Buy newer trucks and trailers
Retain better drivers
Of course, many fuel cards, and TCS Fuel Card shines bright among them – come with ADDITIONAL PERKS, such as:
- Reduced pricing on tires, preventive maintenance services, and repairs
Simplified IFTA Recordkeeping
Fraud Prevention with PIN
To me, it’s all great stuff! Big savings! Peace of mind! And super easy to use program.
TCS Fuel Card is cash-secured. There are a variety of ways to put money on your fuel card — some are initiated by the client (you), while others are initiated by the fuel card company, or even by a factoring company. In each case, fees will vary. Here are the methods:
Zelle® powered by blynk™ – blynk™ is a proprietary digital payment system that allows TCS to receive funds 24/7/365 through Zelle®. With Zelle®, you can send money quickly to a variety of U.S. bank accounts.
ACH Credit (bank to bank transfer) – Client initiated, during banking hours, funds received by next business day (except holidays).
Bank wire – Client initiated, during banking hours, funds received typically within 2 hours.
Western Union – Client initiated, 24/7/365, funds received within one hour.
Third-party checks (Comchek, EFS check, or T-Chek) – Client initiated, 24/7/365, funds received usually within one hour.
Factoring company – Factoring companies can direct funds from invoices or a factoring reserve account into your fuel card.
I highly recommend using them for fuel savings. To survive as a new venture or in slow markets, it’s a must!
If you want to learn more or apply for TCS Fuel Card program, please feel free to read more here.
- Save an average of 42 cents* per gallon on diesel fuel at in-network fuel discount locations
- $0 transaction fees at in-network locations
- Cost-plus fuel discount network with more than 1,500 locations throughout the United States
- 24/7 customer service
- Universal acceptance at more than 12,000 fuel stops nationwide
- Point-of-sale discounts at the pump
- Low transaction fee at out-of-network locations with no hidden costs
- Automatic discounts on tires, service, and maintenance at TA Truck Service centers when you give your DOT Number during payment
- Free mobile app with fuel finder and on-the-go fuel management tools
- Free online account management website available 24/7
*Average savings of 42 cents per gallon is based on actual in-network TCS client transactions for Q3 of 2023.
TCS In-Network Fuel Partners:
Petro Stopping Centers®
TCS Fuel Management Tools:
A fuel card that works as hard as you do!
The TCS Fuel Card offers a comprehensive fuel management system — complete with a fuel card, an account management website and a mobile app — to support all of your fuel management needs.
With our unique fuel card system, you get substantial fuel and service discounts nationwide, real-time updates, on-the-go account access and the easiest to use fuel management tools in the industry.
TCS Mobile App:
The TCS mobile app allows you to manage your fuel account from the convenience of your smart phone or tablet. The mobile app is available for Android® and iOS© devices.
- 24/7 account access from your mobile device
- Manage your company fuel cards from anywhere
- Securely issue industry checks from your TCS account
- Find the best fuel prices in your area or along your route with the TCS Fuel Finder
- Receive real-time account updates to stay informed
- Contact TCS Client Services directly from the app
TCS Fuel Finder:
Available on both the TCS online account management website and the TCS mobile app, the Fuel Finder is designed to help you control fuel costs by allowing you to see all fuel prices along any route.
You can search a specific radius, add an origin and destination, see truck stop amenities, or you can elect to avoid highways and tolls. No matter how you choose to use it, the Fuel Finder can be a very effective tool for improving your trucking company’s bottom line.
- Search from a current location to destination, or enter a different origin and destination
- View by chain or list by price
- See retail price, ex-tax and TCS discount price
- Options to avoid highways or tolls
- Search in-network discount locations to find the best fuel prices along your route
- Search within a specific radius
- See truck stop amenities
TCS Management Website
The TCS website is easy to use, mobile-friendly, reliable, secure, and easily accessible. It updates in real-time and allows complete transparency into your fuel account.
- FREE personalized account management website with dashboard snapshot of your account
- Easy for owners and drivers to use
- 24/7 accessibility on your computer, tablet, or smart phone
- View account balances and card limits
- FREE Fuel Finder to locate the best fuel prices along your route
- Issue checks and view statements
- Options to create users and customize permissions and spending
- Easy to understand, itemized statements for each account